cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP/VRRP/GLBPP with multiple network

arifnurfajar24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with configuring HSRP/VRRP/GLBP in multiple network. I don't know how to configure with different network, all I know is configure in same network. Can someone help me? I don't know what to do. Thanks.

note: in the topology, L3 Switch is actually L2 Switch.

5 Replies 5

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

How do you mean 'with different network'?

I am not sure what you mean by this. 

When configure HSRP/VRRP/GLBP we use same virtual gateway that is in same network. For example, I have network address 192.168.40.0/24 and the virtual gateway is 192.168.40.254

But when I create VLAN, I have different network each VLAN. That means I have different virtual gateway too. 

How are your L3 interfaces configured on the Routers, are they an SVI or a subinterface?

In order to do HSRP for each vlan, you just duplicate the config for each of them but use a different group number and different virtual ip address.

that's what I want to know. SVI or subinterface.

Looking at your diagram, you are using it on GNS3. But can you confirm whether this is a production set up? 

Again if you are using routers as your L3 gateway's i do not think you have the luxury of using SVI interfaces on them and you may have to create sub interfaces for each vlan you have.  I am quite not sure how many you can create though.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Madhu.

******rating encourages participation*****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card