Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify C9400-LC-48H-UL?

wiltsa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to identify C9400-LC-48H-UL cards vs regular C9400-LC-48H's? When I do a 'sh inv' it just shows up as a regular 48H.

NAME: "Slot 1 Linecard", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 48-Port 90W BT 10/100/1000 (RJ-45)"
PID: C9400-LC-48H , VID: V03

sh mod:

1 48 48-Port 90W BT 10/100/1000 (RJ-45) C9400-LC-48H

8 Replies 8

let me check show inv for UL standard 

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Sometimes, what the show output presents differs from the part number you see in the datasheet, and there isn't much you can do about it.

HTH

wiltsa
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe it's possible to reference by CLEI? I have a bunch of 48H-UL cards and they seem to all have this same CLEI: INUIAH5EAC

Any idea how to cross reference CLEI's to part numbers?

wiltsa
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like my regular stock of 48H's (non UL) have CLEI of INUIAH5EAA

Sorry, I don't see anywhere on that page, the associated PDF, or table 15, where it lists CLEI's. Part numbers, sure. But I already know the part number: C9400-LC-48H-UL

How do I tell that it's a -UL card from the command line or by just looking at the card visually? It's only labeled as a standard -48H on the card itself and in the cli. There has to be a better way than tracking serial numbers and order numbers. 

So perhaps I can reference from the clei number?

Using the cli, "show module" and/or "show inventory" are the best command to use to see the details, if not, I don't know of another options.

HTH

wiltsa
Level 1
Level 1

I listed the output of "sh inv" and "sh mod" in the first post of this thread. Those commands do not show a difference between -UL and 48H cards. They both show up as 48H only. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card