Views
Helpful
Replies

IE 2000 Industrial Ethernet Switch gsd file

M.Daniels79099
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone!

I've got a question regarding the following IE 2000 Industrial Ethernet Switches:

IE 2000-16TC-G-E
IE 2000-8TC-G-E

I downloaded the latest IOS software "ie2000-universalk9-tar.152-8.E.tar" in order to get the gsd files which i need for integrating these switches into my Siemens TIA project. The problem is that the gsd files do not match these switches 100%:

IE 2000-16TC-G-E --> gsd-file: IE-2000016TC-G-X

IE 2000-8TC-G-E   --> gsd-file: IE-2000-8TC-G

Is that a problem? Have i downloaded the wrong IOS software? Where to find the exact matching gsd-files, if they exist?

I can't test now if it works with the mentioned gsd files because i don't have access to the hardware right now, but when i have, i'd like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks for your support!

HardwareCatalog.png

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

maybe the note from  this document section "installing .GSD files helps ?

Note: In 15.2(5)E2, the SFPs and the combo ports are added as the pluggable module in the GSD for the Cisco IE2000 and Cisco IE5000 platforms. For configuration in the TIA Portal, refer to: http://prrq.cloudapps.cisco.com/prrq/viewReview.do?bugId=DRRaa77395

looks like you need to do some extra step for 15.2(5)E2 and higher

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello M.Daniels
I am in search of the GSD File for a Cisco IE2000-U-8TC-G. I did download different bundle versions but couldn't find the GSD File in any of the Bundles.

Can you help me out on that?

Thanks for your support    kurt

Hello everyone

I can see my problem now. It looks as it would not be possible to use the GSD file with the model IE-2000U we are using. I can find the GSD File it I download a package for the IE-2000.

All the best and have a nice day     kurt 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card