cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE3300 RSPAN issue causes MGMT IP to drop

jdgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

The switch is a Cisco IE-3300-8T2S on Version 17.03.04. I do not see a bug on Cisco's bug search tool, nor do I see an RSPAN fix on later FW versions.

When I add the remote vlan to the trunk (which only holds 4 other vlans) I lose the 3300's MGMT IP periodically. Doing a constant PING it drops about 20 packets and comes back online. The switch stays up for a good 10 minutes before losing connection again. I look on the upstream switch and do not see any vlan blocks on spanning-tree, the interface shows as active and forwarding all vlans to the 3300. I will also add that the pings to the MGMT IP bounce around 10 - 40ms. As soon as I remove the remote vlan from the upstream switch, the pings lower to a constant 1 - 2ms. The connection between the two switches is 1 gig and I only have about 20Mbps of RSPAN traffic on the vlan and even less on the other vlans.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-  Check logs on the IE3300 (too) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card