Views
Helpful
Replies

intervlan connection problem.

franzcvel
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day Everyone,

I'm a currently creating an intervlan topology.

As of now I'm established tha VLAN and IP, applied trunking and vtp as well as used STP.

However when I run it, only PC 1 (vlan 1 ip 192.168.1.100) managed to ping my 2 routers and it cannot ping the other computers, likewise the rest (PC 2 ~ 4) cannot ping PC 1 or the 2 routers.

Can someone please check what did I do wrong?

I'm kinda new to this and I already spend hours to make this system, I really don't want to start from scratch again =(

Any information to help me managed to ping all the pcs and routers is very much appreciated.

Please and Thank You =)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

s.lachica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Francis,

I have seen your packet-tracer file. The reason why you cannot connect PC1 (VLAN 1 ) to the rest of the other vlans is because you are lacking configuration on your Fa0/1 in Multilayer SW2.

configure terminal

interface Fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

Once you do this, wait for stp to converge and for arp to work for a while, and you can now ping between VLAN 1 and 2.

For the other VLANs, 3 and 4, you need to configure also Multilayer switch 3 like this on interface Fa0/1.

Please don't forget to rate my reply.

Thanks,

Sonny

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

s.lachica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Francis,

I have seen your packet-tracer file. The reason why you cannot connect PC1 (VLAN 1 ) to the rest of the other vlans is because you are lacking configuration on your Fa0/1 in Multilayer SW2.

configure terminal

interface Fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

Once you do this, wait for stp to converge and for arp to work for a while, and you can now ping between VLAN 1 and 2.

For the other VLANs, 3 and 4, you need to configure also Multilayer switch 3 like this on interface Fa0/1.

Please don't forget to rate my reply.

Thanks,

Sonny

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE

Thanks alot it worked ^_^

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card