Replies

IP camera issue switch 2960x

IBE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a park with more than 600 IP camera on 2960x switchs

I configured a VLAN 31 as a vlan for IP camera

cofiguration is correct, I can ping Cameras, DVR, central server on the VLAN but when I try to add some cameras to the main dispay screen , the add is not working for some of them ==> IP issue. i can ping the camera where i have the issue.

Do you know the issue before??

15 Replies 15

""the add is not working for some of them ==> IP issue"" 

how you know that ?

on the GUI  interface of the main dispay screen, when I clik on an IP camera to add to the dispay, it say IP issue

The strange thing it that when I keep the switch with the default config (no config, no vlan, all cam and dispay equipment n vlan 1), it works

The strange thing it that when I keep the switch with the default config (no config, no vlan, all cam and dispay equipment n vlan 1), it works
Prefect,
you must make display and camera in same VLAN (that why it work when no config,  It work because all port is assign to VLAN 1)

Hello,

which device is doing the routing for Vlan 31 ? Also, post a screenshot of the main display screen, so we know what you are talking about.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Check if all the cameras are getting the right IP addresses. 

2.  Maybe the camera GUI has a bug and may not be able to support /23 (or more).  

you must putt all of them in same vlan ( any vlan ) or use L3 switch for vlan routing

yep , I'm using a couple of 9407 for L3 routing

Hello
Are all the cameras configured  and assigned to the same ip subnet and vlan?
Its possible that these cameras that are not working do not  like being in a "tagged" vlan which by default is a vlan other than vlan 1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

yes all interface are assugne access vlan 31

I am using couple of SW 
I think that 
the camera that work fine with display is all in same SW 
the camera in other SW not work ?
If what I right 
then check 
VLAN 31 is add in both SW 
VLAN 31 allow in trunk between two SW 

the camera that are not working are dispatched on may switch

the vlan 3A is allowed on the truk between the 2 L3 swicth and between the SW29 and the L3 swicth. 

This why I'm confused

so you have two L3 SW and one Access SW (SW29) ??
if Yes 
show vlan <<- in all SW and check if camera ports appear with vlan 31 
show interface trunk <<- check the VLAN 31 is allow and not pruned from trunk 

finally check the STP for VLAN 31 (if you run PVST) it can BLK the vlan 31 in trunk. 

Hello,

post the full running configs of all (layer 2 and layer 3) switches that are in your topology. Post a schematic drawing of your topology as well, and put descriptions on the ports so we know which ports of the switches are connected to what.

if I have hubs connected to switch SW29, I allowed the vlan 31 on the trunk with the hub. is this enough or I should use the vlan 1???

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card