cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible to add up some commands to the initial running-config?

Hi all,

Is it possible to tune up the initial running-config in order to add some commands up (like boot system tftp://... or reload in 24:00)  so those commands get embedded into the default running-config, I mean, the one you get after typing  "erase startup-config" and then "reload" ?

This way you would automatically get those commands everytime you clear the statup-config, saving you the initial configuration task?

Kind Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abzal
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can just save running-config and copy it to external TFTP server as backup config. Then can anytime copy it again to the router.

Hope it will help.

Best regards,
Abzal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Abzal
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can just save running-config and copy it to external TFTP server as backup config. Then can anytime copy it again to the router.

Hope it will help.

Best regards,
Abzal

Hi Abzal,

Thanks for your early reply. Your solution is good and is practical, but I would like to know if there is a way to modify the default running-config appearing after performing an "erase startup config" and "reload". 

This "blank" running-config depends on the number of interfaces of the router, so it is not always the same.

So I guess there might be a way to slightly modify it to add up some commands.

Kind Regards,

Hi,

I did some search and there is a solution for you. I never tried but it can work.

Have a look on this thread perhaps it will work for you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2154969

If it work for you let me know.

Hope it will help.

Best regards,
Abzal
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card