cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue in Configurating Cisco AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9

Legust321
Level 1
Level 1

I have trouble accessing the internet from my laptop after installing Ciso AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9 AP.

The AP are connetected to my router (which has a DHCP enabled) via a switch and each has a Fix IP address with network mask, gateway and DNS already configured. When I triy to connect to the access point, only the IP address and network mask are automatically assigned to the my laptop. and I have to manually input the gatway and DNS to be able to navigate the internet.

I would like to know which configuration will allow any node that tries to connect the internet via the access point to be automatically configured to access the internet after authentification.

I will appreciate any help in solving the issues.

Best Regards,

1 Reply 1

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

hi joseph,

i would guess that not the Ap is the problem, but the router.

As you receive an ip and a mask the L2 connection between your laptop and your router seems to be ok.

But the question is why does the router only allocate an ip and mask and no dns or gw info.

What happens if you connect a pc directly to the router via a cable? does that work fine?

I dont think there is anything to configure on the Ap regarding dhcp.

If the connection between your laptop and the Ap is established, which is the case as your laptop receives some info from the router, you should be able to access the internet, if you get the right info from the dhcp.

florian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: