Views
Helpful
Replies

log transmission to log server

WangSteven02215
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I don't have network expertise.

I've been trying to transmit the log to the cyber security operation center.

For further explanation, both servers and PCs shown in the figure are Windows OS, and agent will be installed on them to transmit Windows event logs, and Network Switch will transmit syslog.

I've been practicing implementation using packet tracer. I have registered all VLANs on the trunk port, but the ping is not sent to the syslog server.

I don't know what's wrong, Could you please help me? For effective explanation, I uploaded the packet tracer file.

Thank you for reading my question.

cisco picture.JPG

2 Replies 2

Hello,

basically, you need IP connectivity between your switches and the syslog server. Once that is established, you need the command:

logging host 192.168.88.88

on each switch.

Find the revised file attached.

Thank you very much for your response.

I think there will be no problem in transmitting the Windows Event log only when the ping test from the PC to the syslog server is performed successfully.

However, ping from the PC to syslog server doesn't work in the file you uploaded. Could you please help me solve this issue?

Thank you for reading my question.

ping error.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card