MAC address issue

kenyusuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need some help on the below issue :

Switch WS-C3850-48P, stack of 3.

I wanted to add a MAC address to the MAC access list but messed up:

I used >> mac access-list extended Allowed-User-MAC-ACL-IN permit xxxx.xxxx.xxxx ffff.ffff.ffff any

Now I am seeing the below in the MAC ACL :

permit any host 0000.0000.0000

I tried to remove but it still shows in the MAC ACL.

Any idea how to remove this?

4 Replies 4

Hello

If you want to specify a mac host then you need to tell the acl that, what you have specified is an any any statement with ffff.ffff.ffff any

try this:
mac access-list extended Allowed-User-MAC-ACL-IN
permit host xxxx.xxxx.xxxx any

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I have fixed that but I am unable to remove the below from my ACL IN and ACL OUT :

permit any host 0000.0000.0000

When I do a no permit any host 0000.0000.0000 it doesn't remove this from the ACL.

How to remove this and what will this do if I don't remove this as I a not sure whats this line for?

Any advice or solution

Appreciate it.

Hi,

It may be a bug in the version IOS you are running. I tried the same exact command on a 3850 and it works just fine.

Also, after negating it, maybe a reboot can fix that but that is not really a permanent solution. If a reboot does not take care of it than an IOS upgrade may do it.

HTH

thx for the reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card