cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing switches L2 with Cisco prime (for wifi Hotspots)

joand3512004
Level 1
Level 1

My company is buying the Cisco Prime, however, our switches are managed via SNMP by ZABBIX (status of interfaces, incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, and traffic on VLANs).

I wonder if I can get all this information with the Prime, and you can perform any troubleshooting or switch configuration for Cisco Prime. Ie reset the switch, lock and unlock the interface, backup, configure an interface? What is required to configure a switch in the Cisco Prime, management of IP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do everything you asked using Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI).

"reset the switch" is not at all a common task but I believe you could send an interactive command with the required "y" response via a cli template.

For PI to exercise all of its functions on a target device, you need SNMP (RO) as well as cli login and enable level credentials which Prime will use to do its various tasks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do everything you asked using Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI).

"reset the switch" is not at all a common task but I believe you could send an interactive command with the required "y" response via a cli template.

For PI to exercise all of its functions on a target device, you need SNMP (RO) as well as cli login and enable level credentials which Prime will use to do its various tasks.

thank you very much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card