Views
Helpful
Replies

Metro Ehternet Provider ?

kthned
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

My company has decided to buy a Metro Ethernet Network leased line between two sites,I certainly have no idea how the service provider sell their services could any one send me some good link where I can find how they provide their services,like Layre2/3, QoS Priority, SLA, etc specially in Europe.

I have read the MEF specification but missing the point where this GREEN and Yellow traffic is marked is it just for the router/switch or marked on service frame header ?

Since I have just started the investigation, any idea would greatly help me to focus on the right track.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Umair

Denmark.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Many enterprises will favor Metro Ethernet services because of their long experience with Ethernet technology in corporate LANs. In addition to offering the enterprise a cost-effective interface and bandwidth scalable to 10 Gbps, Metro Ethernet services enable data center interconnection even when these facilities are well outside metro or regional boundaries because a Fibre Channel signal can be transported through IP (Fibre Channel over IP [FCIP]).

Here is the good link for Metro Ethernet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/prod_white_paper0900aecd803e884f_ns224_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card