cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

my company just got 4 350 series 48p switches...

lincon7
Level 1
Level 1

First off i am not a huge fan. these are replacing Catalyst 2960s (they were still working fine but boss wanted to replace because they were old). Long story short issues have been coming up since they were installed and configured (configured by our MSP). I recently just set up the Cisco Business dashboard and it seems cool and all but I looked at the supported devices for it and only the 350 and 250 series seems to be supported but not the rest of our switches.

I guess my main question would be, is the business dashboard even worth it for just 4 switches? seems like the point of the dashboard is to fully build your network in it so you can manage it. but we have like 15 other switches that are all catalysts. and from experience I really don't think we should continue to buy the 350 series. I am not super duper knowledgeable here. pretty much a Jr sys admin kinda flopping around trying to make the best at this company lol.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have experience with the Business Dashboard, but since it is oriented to the Small Business market I am not surprised that it does not process switches like 2960. If you currently have 4 small business switches and 15 enterprise switches I agree that it might not be worth much effort to utilize the Business Dashboard. Looking toward the future if you think you can convince the Boss to go back to purchasing Enterprise class switches then Business Dashboard can be ignored. If you think the Boss may continue to purchase Small Business switches then at some point the Business Dashboard will become a more reasonable tool.

It is not unusual when a new type of switch is deployed replacing a different type of switch that problems are encountered since functionalities and syntax have changed. Perhaps it would be helpful for someone to undertake a review of the configurations of the new switches?

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card