Views
Helpful
Replies

N2K airflow issue

S891
Level 2
Level 2

Hello ,

I am facing an issue with Nexus 2K airflow. It is sending hot air in the cold isle. I think there are two different models for airflow. Is there something that can be done to fix this issue? This is happening on N2K-C2232TM-E-10GE .

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes your correct there are different airflow's available , unfortunately no fix but to change them this is hardware issue

I just checked the specs. i received that "B" fan and PS. Though I did not specify that I wanted reverse so I am wondering what is the standard? 

N2200-PAC-400W-B 
N2K-C2232-FAN-B 
N2232TP-E-BA-BUN Reversed airflow/AC pack

thats the info below , same thing happened our DC , our vendor supplied us the wrong airflow fans had to be binned and re-ordered

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-2000-series-fabric-extenders/product_bulletin_c25-680197.html

New Cisco Nexus 2200 chassis can be purchased with a choice of airflow fan and power supply packaged options:

• N22xx-FA-BUN is the default option for standard airflow with an AC power supply (Cisco Nexus 2200 chassis, one fan with standard airflow (front to back, aligned with port-side exhaust), and two AC power supplies)

• N22xx-BA-BUN is the reversed-airflow option with an AC power supply (Cisco Nexus 2200 chassis, one fan with reversed airflow (back to front, aligned with port-side intake), and two AC power supplies)

• N22xx-FD-BUN is the standard-airflow option with a DC power supply (Cisco Nexus 2200 chassis, one fan with standard airflow (front to back, aligned with port-side exhaust), and two DC power supplies)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card