cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance with my 891w

ibangugroov
Level 1
Level 1

First let's get the obvious out in the open. I am new to Cisco and even more dense apparently when it comes to wireless. I finally for the darn BVI to load and I upgraded the firmware to a lightweight version now knowing what it was. I can not figure out how to get it to work as an ap (guessing it is looking for a controller I do not have) or get a new image onto the darn thing. Anyone know how I could possibly get myself back to an autonomous IOS? I have tried all I can think of and I just can not figure it out.  

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anyone know how I could possibly get myself back to an autonomous IOS?

You're not going to believe me if say the method is to format the flash of the AP (Command:  format flash:) and then reboot the router.  

The autonomous IOS for the built-in AP is located in a separate partition of the flash of the router.  Once the router boots up and finds out the AP doesn't have an IOS, the router will upload the autonomous IOS independently. 

I sure will try it. Thanks. 

Format the flash directory of the AP (and leave the router alone).  Once the APs flash has been formatted, reboot the router. 

I have no ability to use a format command on the ap. I have tried to delete what I can however I am still getting the lightweight ap ios loading. Any thoughts as to how I can get it blown out? I had even tried to format the flash on the router and reload the ios.. no luck. 

Do this: 

debug capwap console cli
format flash:

However quick question. We are formatting on the router or the wlan-ap 0 end?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card