Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help Configuring VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 3560 Switch

ug545355
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I'm facing an issue while trying to configure VLANs on a Cisco Catalyst 3560 switch. I've followed the official documentation and various guides, but I'm still encountering some problems. Here's a summary of what I'm trying to achieve and the steps I've taken:

1. I want to set up three VLANs (VLAN 10, 20, and 30) on my Cisco Catalyst 3560 switch.
2. I've created the VLANs using the `vlan 10`, `vlan 20`, and `vlan 30` commands in global configuration mode.
3. I've assigned IP addresses to each VLAN interface using the `interface vlan 10`, `interface vlan 20`, and `interface vlan 30` commands.
4. I've also configured trunk ports (GigabitEthernet0/1) to carry VLAN traffic between switches.

However, I'm unable to ping the VLAN interfaces from devices connected to the respective VLANs. I suspect there might be an issue with the VLAN tagging or trunk configuration, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Could someone kindly review my steps and provide guidance on what I might be doing wrong? Any tips, advice, or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

2 Replies 2

Hi @ug545355 

If you created the vlan, if you created the interface vlan on the switch, configured one port on that Vlan, add IP address on the PC on the same network as the interface vlan, then the PC must ping that interface vlan.

The problem could be to ping another interface vlan or another PC in another VLAN, for that you need to enable "ip routing" if available, if not,  you need a router.

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ug545355,

Does PC ping their own Gateway configured as SVI on that Switch?

If yes, it should be "ip routing" to configure under "config terminal" as suggested @Flavio Miranda.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card