cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow vp configuration per sub-interface ?

pfrancis3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, with Netflow v9, if I want to configure it on sub-interfaces, do I have to manually add the command 'ip flow monitor NETFLOW-TRAFFIC input' to each sub-interface or is there an easier way e.g. add a command to the physical interface to have it auto apply to all sub-interfaces ?

Note that I am using version 9 rather than Netflow versino 5.

Additionally, what happens if I do not apply 'ip flow monitor xxx input to every interface that passes traffic. Does it simply mean that my Netflow traffic will not include traffic coming in from that interface ?

Thanks kindly.

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes you need to add it to the sub interfaces as well , no overall command , if only applied to physical it will only capture the physical ip information

Additionally, what happens if I do not apply 'ip flow monitor xxx input to every interface that passes traffic. Does it simply mean that my Netflow traffic will not include traffic coming in from that interface ?

Yes exactly it wont record any ip information for an interface the monitor is not attached too

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card