Helpful
Replies

Network SW Sizing

vinoth vinoth
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Greetings.
Could you please help me to propose one solution.

240Cameras with 3 Mega Pixel, 4 NVR, 10 Access Switches and 1 Core switches.
Access Switch should be 24 Port PoE+ SW, and Core may be L2 or L3 Switch. Each Access Switch will have 24 Cameras and all the switches will be connected to Core switch.

Core switch means it has to handle all 240 cameras traffic, not like routing protocol and other high level stuff.

I supposed to propose the BoM based on SW interface Speed, SW throughput, SW forwarding Rate and PoE.

Which access and core switch you are referring, which need to be concluded based on above aspects.

Do the needful.

Regards,
V.Vinoth

2 Replies 2

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I am happy to provide you with some Switch Model ranges but this forum is for help with technical questions, not to provide an entire design for a network.

Sounds like you need to contract somebody in to design this for you if you don't have the experience to do it yourself.

Apologies if this comes across rude but the people on this forum are volunteering their time to help those who are stuck on a technical issue or are trying to learn, most of us are not prepared to design an entire network for free.

I would be happy to provide you a quote for some design time to come up with a design for you.

FYI, you have also failed to mention something important in terms of calculating the PoE requirements....the actual PoE draw of each camera. 

Dear Devils_advocate,

Thank you so much for your input.

I thought support community is providing the solution for all verticals. not especially for technical issue.

I can go with some L2 and L3 switch as per my understanding,which will work. But i required some deep understanding of the network sizing solution. 

Anyway, if you know any group which is providing these kind of solution pls share with me.

Do the needful.

Regards,

V.Vinoth

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card