Views
Helpful
Replies

New task with /30 and/23

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

The previous problems were attached to multiple already closed/Solved threads and have been fixed. This is a new issue, therefore a new conversation should be started. Since you seem unable to start one yourself, I have done it for you. The new conversation is titled "New task with /30 and/23".

@mahdi benameur 10-20-2022 10:58 AM

hi dave ,

i got a new task where three router ospf with /30 all ip begin with 10.x., between them should communicate where the first three octet are 10.5.6.x in all router connected

and pc 1 : vlan 1 ip address 192.168.1.x/24

pc2 :vlan 2 ip address 192.168.2.x/24

pc3 :192.168.6.x/23 netmasker vlan 3 are connecting to switch 1 which should be connected to router 1 using 802.1 q

from router 2 other side is connected to switch 2 ( pc 4 :vlan 1 ip address 172.16.0.x /23, and pc 7:vlan 2 )

switch 2 should with port-channel, connected to switch 3 which is the last connected to pc5 vlan 2 ip adress 172.16.4.x/23

and more pc6 (/24)to switch 3 connected .

connected to router 3 from the other side there is switch 4 connected with 802.1 q to router 3.

switch 4 is connected to switch 6 and switch 5 using stp

now is the issue from switch 5 to switch 6 which are both are connected using stp .vlan 10 should be blocked here between switch 5 and 6.

ok i have pc 10 /24 subnet conected to switch 5 and pc 9 connected to switch 6

and pc 8 should connected to switch 4

i need your help urgently before tommorow morning

i appreciate any help

you sinceley

mahdi

@mahdi benameur 10-20-2022 11:31 AM

by the way i forget to write the vlan 10ip : 10.0.0.x/24

in the explanation task

@mahdi benameur 10-21-2022 08:01 AM

i have a three routers whereas two router able to see each other in ospf mode while the third are not able to see.

all of them are in /30

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

40 Replies 40

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

any help i have three switches STP connected where two switches a vlan 10 shoud be blocked in between ?

how can i do this ?

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

Dave 

Have you come to a solution about what have I asked you ?

Thanks in advance I appreciate any help 

Mahdi

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

There many issues with the network as it is currently configured. Here are several solutions:

Ping Fail between PC2 (192.168.2.1/24) <---> PC7 172.16.4.2/23

S1 - Configure VLAN 2
S1 - Configure F0/2 for switchport access VLAN 2

R2 - Change G0/2.2 IP address from 172.16.4.1 to 172.16.5.254 (Keep 255.255.254.0 subnet mask).
R2 - Change wild card mask for network 172.16.0.0 0.0.1.255 area 0 to 0.0.7.255

S2 - Configure VLAN 2
S2 - Configure G0/1 as a trunk link allowing VLAN 1-2.

PC7 - Change Subnet Mask from 255.255.255.0 (/24) to 255.255.254.0 (/23)
This is from the addressing in the TXT document you provided.
Also the TXT document shows both PC5 & PC7 assigned 172.16.4.1 IP address.
Your network configuration has PC5 assigned .1 and PC7 is .2).

I suspect that when you check connectivity between the other devices that the same problems will exist. You need to verify that the issues previously identified are not present in the network.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

i have small trouble between switch 4 and 5 ,6 , 

pc 8 connected to switch 4

pc 9 connected to switch 6

pc 10 connected to switch 5

and i should block vlan 10 from switch 5 to switch 6 

i have done it but i will send you the machine if its gone as it recommended 

thanks man

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

from pc 5 to pc 3 im not able to ping and i got unreachable destination i will send you the updated machine its just very small issue to fix 

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

PC8/PC9/PC10 (VLAN 10) can successfully ping each other, but can't ping their gateway (R3 G0/1.10 10.0.0.254/24).

Is VLAN 10 configured on the switches (S4/S5/S6)?
Are the switch (S4/S5/S6) ports to the PCs (PC8/PC9/PC10) configured as access ports for VLAN 10?

STP is working correctly; it is blocking the redundant path between the switches as designed..

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

yes its configured in switches s4 s5 s6

yes the the switch (S4/S5/S6) ports to the PCs (PC8/PC9/PC10) configured as access ports for VLAN 10

but now the issue pc 3 and pc 11 were not able to ping pc 5 and 7 from the other side and vice versa i got unreachable destination?

have you seen it

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

pc 11 are  not able to ping router 1 

but pc 8 was the only one to ping 10.0.0.254

the pC10 and 9 were not able to ping their gateway that s true

dave 

when i ping pc 3 and 11 i got unreachable while neigboring pc 1 and 2 were able to ping others and get ping?

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

Steps to Troubleshoot Connectivity issues:
Example - Ping Fail PC3 from/to PC5
1. Ping from both PCs to their respective gateways - If either (or both) fail:
a. Verify associated links are up/up
b. Verify Host IP address, subnet, and gateway are correct
c. Verify Host Gateway matches its router's interface IP address
d. Verify Router interface or sub-interface (ROAS) configuration
e. Verify Switch configurations - VLANs, Access Ports, Trunks
Perform the abouve troubleshooting for all the PC's with connectivity issues.

This will check the local hop. Once the local hop is verified and working correctly, we'll move on to the remote hops.

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

dave

i  have smalll question NOW  concerning the block between switch 5 and 6 how can i block using stp mode i need your help

mahdi

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight
Mahdi,

How were the troubleshooting instructions that I provided?  Where they clear? Did they help?

Do you want some VLANs blocked from other VLANs? which ones? or are some VLANs being blocked that shouldn't be.

STP was working as it was designed to do. What's the issue with it?

Send an updated file.

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

dave , 

the trouble shooting concerning the ospf was ok ,but now i'm struggling with STP blocking vlan 10,
i need to block vlan 10 between switch 5 and switch 6 , in both consecutives port fa0/3 and fa0/4 for both switches .
and at the end would you mind take a look into the entire network i have already builded if there is something miss?
thanks in advance
i will send you the file  in your email

mahdi

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Mahdi,

Steps to Troubleshoot Connectivity issues > Step 1e: Verify Switch configurations - VLANs, Access Ports, Trunks

Links between Switches (S4/S5/S6) are configured as access ports (should be trunks).
Result - No connectivity and no STP.

It is unclear to me what you want with STP, VLAN10, and the switches (S5/S6). Right now there is no STP and all the PC's in VLAN10 can't communicate with anybody. Please explain?

mahdi benameur
Level 1
Level 1

Dave

is about just blocking vlan 10 between switch 5 and switch 6 there is an attachment below for example when I type show spanning tree vlan 10 I should see it block ,I have you send you the entire file in your email 

And the picture below give more explanation 

Or would you mind see it via the machine I have send it and correct it there thanks in advance 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card