Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548UP Upgrade - FEX OFFLINE bug

Nagra_net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pair of Nexus 5548UP in a VPC setup with several FEX dual homed. Last time I tried to upgrade them, one of the FEX went OFFLINE and never came back properly. It seems we had hit a bug. I have the bug references but can't access them as seems they are not public. Bug references: 

CSCva16249 and CSCuz82258. 

I'm now running version 7.0(8)N1(1) and planning an upgrade to 7.1(5)N1(1) (and then to 7.3). Is there a possibility I will run into the same bug again?

Thank you,

Luke

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since these bug numbers are not publicly available, open a ticket with TAC to make sure the new version you are going to use has the bug fixes.

HTH

Hi Reza,

I tried to open a TAC case but couldn't, so TAC recommended I ask my question here.

I did the upgrade this weekend. From 7.0(8)N1(1) to 7.1(5)N1(1), I didn't get the problem. But from 7.1(5)N1(1) to 7.3(3)N1(1), I again had one FEX going Offline.

It showed "Offline" on the secondary switch (which was still in 7.1) and "Check Upg Seq" on the primary switch (which was in 7.3). Upgrading the secondary switch and rebooting the primary got everything back to normal running 7.3.

Anybody else seen this behavior from 7.1(5)N1(1) to 7.3?

Thanks,

Luke

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card