Helpful
Replies

Notification about changing the speed of the switch port

Kamil Szymanski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have switches SG300-28, SG550XG-24T
and SG200-50, and I need to receive email notifications that the port has changed speed from 1000Mbps to 100Mbps. Can anyone help?

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Kamil Szymanski 

Here are some specific instructions for configuring SNMP and email notifications I follow for my SG300-28 switch:

--Click on "Administration" and then "Management Interface".

--Enable SNMP and set the SNMP community strings for access.

--Click on "Monitoring" and then "SNMP Configuration".

--Click on "Add" to create a new SNMP trap configuration.

--Specify the OID for the port speed change event: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5.

source: https://cric.grenoble.cnrs.fr/Administrateurs/Outils/MIBS/?oid=1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5

--Click on "Apply" to save the SNMP trap configuration.

--Click on "Administration" and then "Notification".

--Set up the email notification settings by specifying the email server settings, recipient email address, and the content of the email notification.

Also, if you have NMS server which receive SNMP traps from your switches then NMS could send email notifications when this specific trap is received.

I hope this can help you.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thanks! This gives me a lot of information. I have Zabbix and connected the switch using SNMP. There are ready-made templates in Zabbix, but I can't see the port speed information when connected. When I try to add an item manually, I get the message: No Such Instance currently exists at this OID.

Directly in the Switch I do not see the possibility of configuring email notifications - this is an old switch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card