cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

operation of switch in sending a file

saidfrh
Level 1
Level 1

I am reviewing general switch theory from a text book. A frame is sent from HostA to HostB. HostA is connected to the switch on port fast0/1, and HostB is connected to port fast0/2. There are isn't an email server on the subnet where HostA and HostB are located. Are files sent from HostA routed through corporate email server on a different subnet/network to reach HostB? Is there any otherway to sent files from HostA to HostB, other than use of email?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i would suggest to try with network sharing if its possible out ther or with FTP which is most widely used file transfer program between two locations.

since in ur case both the pcs r in same lan u better share the files and copy them out when reqd.

dont forget to chek out the sharing properites while hving the file transfer.also close the transfer once its over..

hope this may help u out ..

regds

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i would suggest to try with network sharing if its possible out ther or with FTP which is most widely used file transfer program between two locations.

since in ur case both the pcs r in same lan u better share the files and copy them out when reqd.

dont forget to chek out the sharing properites while hving the file transfer.also close the transfer once its over..

hope this may help u out ..

regds

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card