Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF trap appears to have wrong OID - IOS 12.2

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have notoiced that some of our devices are generating OSPF traps with what appears to be the wrong OID, and as a consequence it is not coming through formatted properly.

We have a few CAT 4500 devices running IOS 12.2, and these devices are sending OSPF traps with the following OID:

We have other devices, of various models, running IOS 12.4, and they send the OSPF traps with the following OID:

The MIB definition I use, has the .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.16.2.0.2 definition, ie the extra 2 in it.

I am wondering if it has been corrected in a later IOS version, and therefore I am going to have to upgrade the IOS version to correct this? Or, is there something else I am missing?

Regards

Jeff

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have notoiced that some of our devices are generating OSPF traps with what appears to be the wrong OID, and as a consequence it is not coming through formatted properly.

We have a few CAT 4500 devices running IOS 12.2, and these devices are sending OSPF traps with the following OID:

We have other devices, of various models, running IOS 12.4, and they send the OSPF traps with the following OID:

The MIB definition I use, has the .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.16.2.0.2 definition, ie the extra 2 in it.

I am wondering if it has been corrected in a later IOS version, and therefore I am going to have to upgrade the IOS version to correct this? Or, is there something else I am missing?

Regards

Jef

Hi Jef,

Try with below mentioned MIB for OSPF traps

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/0/OSPF-TRAP-MIB.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card