Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf with vlan interface

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i have pair of nexus switches with vpc enabled. i have connected one L3 link to avoide L3 routing issues in the nexus vpc design. i have created one vlan in the nexus and the same subnet i have created interface in fortinet firewall. the firewall is connected to the access switch, the access switch is uplinked with nexus with VPC. i am trying configure ospf area 0 between the the firewall and SVi interface of the vlan to form adjancy. but it is not forming. i can reach the IP address from both end. is there any desing issue or configuration issue.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Please provide more information. For example, at what state is the adjacency? Are both sides running compatible network types (point-to-point, broadcast, ...)? Are both sides agree on MTU, area type, subnet,..? May be the multicast address could also be blocked in the Firewall side.

Thank you,
Meheretab
HTH,
Meheretab

in this firewall i can see any neighbour router itself. in the core switches both the core switches are formed adjancy together.

You do not see any neighbor on the Firewall, correct? If yes, you need to check the network type on the interfaces, area type, ...
If you can post the "ospf" related configurations from both the Firewall and the switch, we will look at it.

HTH,
Meheretab
HTH,
Meheretab
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card