Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Cant ping switch on other side of network

Hello for my networking class we are to build a network and verify it pings other end devices. I can ping R2 and PCs on same router but cant ping other side. Can I get someone else to take a look. I cant figure out what I messed up. I appreciate the help. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the passwords do not work.

I see you have no routing at all. One way would be to add:

router eigrp 1

network 0.0.0.0

no auto-summary

to all routers.

View solution in original post

Any time tou put 2 or more routers connected, you need to tell them  to where send the packets either using static routing or dynamic routing.

Probably you are not familiar with that and on this case you can start with static routing. Later on, I recommend you to start studying dynamic routing.

For static you can do:

ip route "origin network" "mask" "exit interface" or "ip address next router"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Need router password.

Oh sorry. To get in it should be cisco and to get into exec mode I believe it is class. Thank you. 

Hello,

the passwords do not work.

I see you have no routing at all. One way would be to add:

router eigrp 1

network 0.0.0.0

no auto-summary

to all routers.

Awesome I’ll give that a try after class. Thanks for the input. I’ll have to look at passwords. Exec mode might be c1sco1234

Turns out we didn’t learn that yet so it wasn’t meant to ping. We just learned that this week. I appreciate the help.

Any time tou put 2 or more routers connected, you need to tell them  to where send the packets either using static routing or dynamic routing.

Probably you are not familiar with that and on this case you can start with static routing. Later on, I recommend you to start studying dynamic routing.

For static you can do:

ip route "origin network" "mask" "exit interface" or "ip address next router"

Ah ok. I thought I only needed routing when I was using DHCP server. Thank you. I’ll look into it. 

Yeah apparently we didn’t learn about static routing yet so it wasn’t meant to ping. We are learning about static routing this week. I appreciate your time and help. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card