Views
Helpful
Replies

Part Number

rahman001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need the DC Power supply for this switch. Do you have the part number?

WS-C3750G-12S-SD

Br

Sam

7 Replies 7

Shashank Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, power supply is not a replaceable unit on WS-C3750G-12S-SD switch. It comes bundled with the part ID "WS-C3750G-12S-SD". Please see below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/product_data_sheet0900aecd80371991.html

Regards,

Shashank

P.S. Please rate the helpful post

Hi sha,

thanks for your reply..

Does that means that WS-C3750G-12S-SD switch will not come will a DC power supply(Power adapter)?

br

Hi,

WS-C3750G-12S-SD WILL come with an integrated DC power supply. However, just the power supply cannot be ordered separately.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please rate if this helped answer your question

tx so i need to buy the power adapter seperately(the DC powering unit):

something like this , so do i need to purchase it seperately?

Acer Travelmate 333 Replacement Power Supply

br

Such power adapter will not work. The power supply is inside the switch chassis and in case the power supply goes bad, you will have to replace the complete switch.

so what will i use to power this switc?

thanks

Hi

You must connect the Catalyst 3750G-12S-SD switch only to a DC-input power source that has an input supply voltage from -36 to -72 VDC. If the supply voltage is not in this range, the switch might not operate properly or might be damaged.

Taken from the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/hardware/installation/guide/HIGDCPwr.html#wp1007245

So how do you go about  to get that ?

well it all comes down to if this is a switch for you private or a switch for your company.

if it is a switch for your company then you go and tell the guy in charge of the electricity in the area that you want to place the switch that you want a connection for the switch and give him the specifications and let them fix it.

IF it is a switch for you, fx bought on ebay or refurbished or so on, you buy a dc powersupply for lab use and measure it up to the correct specifications and connect it to the switch. check the link above on how to connect it. Basically anything that delivers the proper dc current to the switch. even batteries will actually work if you know how to connect them right.

Good luck

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card