Views
Helpful
Replies

Policing traffic on Cisco 4510

Joshua Senft
Level 1
Level 1

Our Goal:

I have two servers on one subnet that each need to replicate to a single server on another subnet. They also need to replicate to each other. This replication is unidirectional so I will refer to the 2 server subnet as the source subnet and the single server subnet as the destination subnet. In order to keep this replication running without killing the MPLS links on either end, we are trying to use a policy-map that limits bandwidth from the source subnet.

The Problem:

We have created a policy that polices traffic during specific times of day and limits the bandwidth as prescribed, however, bandwidth is also being limited between the 2 servers on the source subnet which is not needed or desired.

Class 512K
set dscp ef
police 1024000 bps 1024000 byte conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
Class Map match-any 512K (id 4)
Match access-group name DAG
Extended IP access list DAG
10 permit ip host 10.20.0.3 host 10.20.0.10 time-range DAG-REP (active) (227
93 matches)
20 permit ip host 10.20.0.4 host 10.20.0.10 time-range DAG-REP (active) (141
56 matches)

The service policy is applied on the input side of the 2 interfaces on which our devices are connected.

As you can see, the access list identifies the interesting traffic as traffic from two specific hosts to one specific host. The problem we are having is that bandwidth is also being throttled between the two source hosts even though it is not defined to do so.

What can I do to limit traffic from the two source devices to the single destination device without limiting bandwidth between the two source devices?

Regards,

Josh

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, Is it possible to draw small diagram to upload excerpt of configs. Policy-map config above looks truncated.

Nik

HTH,
Niko
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card