cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

policy map check

Mary
Level 1
Level 1

we got the latency issue between two server, i check the router, there is a shaping policy defined for outgoing interface, previously it is working fine, how would i checking the qos for this policy is working as expected? thanks

6 Replies 6

Hi

You could verify using: show policy interface <interface>

Probably there is more traffic destined to the servers and you should adjust the shaping. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Carlos Villagran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

This can be verified using "show policy map interface gig x/x out" as Julio just mentioned:

dot1x_supplicant#show policy-map int gig 0/0 test
GigabitEthernet0/0

Service-policy output: test

Class-map: lol (match-all)
1 packets, 60 bytes
5 minute offered rate 0000 bps, drop rate 0000 bps
Match: any
Queueing
queue limit 64 packets
(queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0 << You can verify the amount of drops
(pkts output/bytes output) 1/60
shape (average) cir 450000000, bc 4500000, be 4500000
target shape rate 450000000

Regards,

my total drops  are 6550000 bytes, my shaper configuration is shape average 455000000 450000 0

which value i should adjust?

Hi

You could increase the CIR

shape average 650000000 

or you could try with:

shape average percent 70

Now the BC (4500000)  could be calculated by the device, I think there is a lot of traffic destined to the servers. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi!

I think you should ask yourself what is the reason for that shaper. Shapers are usually seen in links to ISP where there is a CIR specified. Do you have a Bandwidth limitation in the other side of the link? Because, if that is the case, it would not make any sense increasing the shaping since traffic will be dropped in at the other side anyways.

Regards,

Is there any reason to have shaping applied or is it any link between sites? otherwise it could be removed. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card