policy routing questions

lcd_shouldit
Level 1
Level 1

route-map TEST

match ip address TEST

set ip next-hop verify-availability 10.16.98.253 1 track 1

set ip default next-hop 12.12.12.2

Is the next-hop 10.16.98.253 MUST BE a directly connect next hop ???

I want to use a loopback address , Cause there are two links between the routers , I tried , but I found this does not work.......

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes it has to be connected but if your IOS version supports you can use a non directly connected next-hop with the  set ip next-hop recursive feature.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes it has to be connected but if your IOS version supports you can use a non directly connected next-hop with the  set ip next-hop recursive feature.

Regards.

Alain

thank you very much!!!

Can I also use verify-availability and track , I checked this set ip next-hop recursive command , but it does not have

verify-availability and track options

Cause what i want to track the link is not a directly connected link.

I configurated the policy routing on R4, which make the traffic from R5 first next hop is R3`s Loopback , then get to R7.

I also configurated IP SLA and Track, which monitor the link between R3 and R7, if this link is down, then i set a default next hop,

make the traffic from R5 to  the next hop directly to R7.

Hi,

set the recursive next-hop as R3_R7 serial IP of R3, install 2 static routes to this IP address on R4 pointing towards R3( this way you'll load balance on both ethernet links on R4-R3). configure tracking on these static routes and you'll achieve your goal.

Regards.

Alain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card