Replies

Portchannel between Cat 6500 and Nexus 7k with vPC

angelito_mas
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I' m looking to deploy this kind of configuration:

afeniello_0-1706106784527.png

Since it is only one 6500 and so I cannot deploy VSS, can I deploy a portchannel between the Catalyst 6500 and the 2 Nexus in vPC Domain? it would cause a loop?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem to configure a LACP Portchannel on the 6500 with 2 interfaces, one to each Nexus switch.

Please find attached a sample config for your setup - adjust the interface numbers to match your specifics.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @angelito_mas ,

it's a perfect good solution. The virtual port channel (vPC) allows links that are physically connected to two different Cisco Nexus 7000 Series devices to appear as a single port channel by a third device - a switch, server, or any other networking device that supports port channels.

Details on configuring the vPC - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_nxos/if_vPC.html

Regards, LG

I will check' but if it single 6500 why vss?

You need only l2 port channel to pair nexus SW and allow vlan in vpc peer-link.

No need vss at all.

MHM

I won't use VSS. I will set just a simple LACP Portchannel on the 6500 with 2 interfaces, one to each Nexus. The vPC will be configured just on the Nexus.

I was wondering if there could be any problem in this scenario.

No problem to configure a LACP Portchannel on the 6500 with 2 interfaces, one to each Nexus switch.

Please find attached a sample config for your setup - adjust the interface numbers to match your specifics.

Regards, LG

Thanks for clarifying 

No there is no issue at all.

Config port-channel in 6500 and config port-channel with vpc in pair nexus and allow vlan in vpc peer-link 

Goodluck 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card