Views
Helpful
Replies

Power supply for IE2000 that is dual-mode and dual-power

unmeates
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,
Is it necessary to connect both DC inputs of the Cisco IE2000 to the same power supply? However, DC-A and DC-B are connected to separate internal power supplies despite not being fully redundant. Due to this, I believe the same external power supply could be used for DC-A and DC-B... It was very kind of you to respond to me. The power supply consists of two separate units. Depending on the model, switches can be powered by one or two sources. During the operation of both power sources, the higher voltage power source draws power from both. During a power outage, the switch continues to operate with the other power source. If a system has redundant power supplies, each one should be connected to a separate power source. You might experience total power failure if you fail to do this due to a fault in the external wiring or a trip in the circuit breaker.

1 Reply 1

Defututus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Not sure if I got your point. It is not necessary to connect both DC inputs to the same power supply. But the best practice is to do so. You will not have to deal with power supply related alerts if you connect both inputs. Regarding your concern about the external wiring issue or a trip in the circuit breaker.. the best practice is to put a fuse between the power supply and the switch

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card