Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEMS TO PUT IN SERVICE 4507R_E WITH MAIN AND REDUNDANT PROCESSOR

HELLO,

We have in production a switch 4507R_E with two processor: V-10GE supporing redundancy (one main and standby hot the last).

The problem we have is that when we turn off the switch and turn on again the switch does not get in operation:

1. In the main processor the led "OK" is green but flickering and does not operate (connected directly using the console port we can see teh process load is inhibit).
  2. In the standby hot (redundancy) processor the led "OK" is in RED.ç
  3. All other modules are disabled with led "OK" in RED.

Only when pull out the redundancy processor from the chassis the switch begins to load normally and all modules are operating O.K.

Then we re-insert the redundancy processor and then it is recognized as standby hot.

This equipment is located in a far end remote place and if there is a blackout the problem is that the switch will never return tu nornal operation.

Can somebody tell me what can be the fail with the switch or processor?

I am annexing files with some important data of the switch.

Waiting your sooner answer,

Attn.

Roger Majo

3 Replies 3

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Please check the following link for troubleshooting info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a0080134f18.shtml#uplink25

regards,

Leo

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Looking at "sh redu" both switches show config register being 2101 see below:

bootflash:cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-54.SG.bin,12;

Configuration register = 0x2101

bootflash:cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-54.SG.bin,12;

Configuration register = 0x2101

Can you change both sups to 0x2102 and reboot?

HTH

Reza

Reza,

Can I change the register firts at redundant processor, make reload and after it recover it is normal operation only then do the same but with the main processor?

With this we are going to avoid that the switch goes down and affect all operation at central site.

Waiting your answer.

Attn,

Roger Majo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card