I am looking for a document which describes the procedures and connections between QoS and Q-in-Q. Something like "NAT order of operation".
Points I am interested in are for example:
- Which CoS value is set in the outer VLAN tag?
- Which VLAN tag does 'mls qos trust cos' trust?
- Would the CoS value of the inner VLAN tag be inherited/passed to the outer VLAN tag?
I am mainly using Cat3560 and Cat3750 with IOS 12.2(25)SED1 IP-Base.
802.1Q tunneling is a 802.1Q-in-802.1Q technique. It retags the tagged packets from a customer port with a VLAN ID assigned to that customer while preserving the original customer VLAN IDs inside the tunnel.Refer URL for QoS feature
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this isn't the thing I'm looking for. What I'm trying to find is a description of how QoS and Q-in-Q play togehter. Something like:
- paket with 'inner' vlan tag comes in
- new 'outer' vlan tag is added to paket
- CoS value of 'inner' vlan tag is copied to 'outer' vlan tag
- qos subsystem manipulates / acts on cos value of 'outer' vlan tag
- and so on ...
So if someone out there knows how this really works, it would be nice if she/he would drop me a line
thanks in advance and kind regards
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: