Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate Limit per IP Address

matthew8wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where I work we have a 1G link connecting our test lab to the rest of the network. We have a traffic generator in the lab and sometimes engineers generate traffic to an IP destination which isn't in the lab routing table and by using the default route out it causes the 1G link to become completely flooded. So far to continue allowing connectivity to devices when this happens we've put a qos policy to match any management traffic and give it priority on the link which works fine. We've tried policing everything but the management traffic but when the flooding happens it still drops genuine test traffic using that link anyway so it's not really any use. I'm looking for a more efficient solution to this issue and I was wondering if it would be possible to shape or police per individual source IP address/flow of traffic? Any help or working solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

matthew8wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any ideas for this?

Hi Matthew,

Have a look on below link for your reference

Rate Limiting on Ip address

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this only helps when trying to limit a specific IP address or a known range. What I'd like to do here is limit all flows of traffic from any source IP address.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card