cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

/recursive command 3550 wont delete directory

tristanereco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , i have a few 3550's at the  moment and when i use the delete /force /recursive flash:html command it  just throws back "permission denied" this seems pretty common on the  3550 but i have never had an issue on the 2950, 3550, 2960, 3560 just  the 3550.

Can anyone give me the command for recursive deleting on the 3550 in the console i.e. hyper terminal?

Its driving me crazy at the moment and im getting to the end of my tether

7 Replies 7

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the parameter that should be fed to the command is a directory path not a file path( as you are using the recursive feature), I wonder how you make it work on other platforms if you do the same.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

I Boot into Rommon and then flash_init then load_helper and the use the delete /force /recursive flash:......... command but for some reson the 3550 does not like this command and its driving me loopy so please help someone hahaha for the sake of my sanity

Hi Tristan,

As I said in my previous post, you must specify a directory not a file:

delete /force /recursive flash:html

Regards

Alain

That is the exact directory i am trying to delete but for some reason it will not work at all Alain, it works only all the other switches but not the 3550

delete /force /recursive flash:html

says permission denied but on every other switch it goes through just fine

Hi Tristan,

Oops I'm sorry I did read wrong. Did you try putting a / in front of the directory ?

Regards

Alain

It may have something to do with your version of your IOS.  I remembered some time ago seeing this myself.

tristanereco
Level 1
Level 1

sorry guys im still having no joy with this and i cant get my head around it, once booted up it wont use the /force /recursive commands it just throws back invalid marker warnings but i can use these commands on the 2950's, 3560's, 2960's, 2940's but not the 3550's so if anyone can tell me how to remove the dir on the 3550's i would be eternally grateful as i have a few different types now and they all throw the same issue up

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card