Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a Cisco router

Yahya Lababidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm planning to replace a 2851 router at one of our sites but am a little concerned about the VoIP configuration on it.  Would it be sufficient if I just copy the current running configuration as is to the new router taking into consideration the interfaces differences between the old and the new routers?

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, you can copy and paste the config from the old to the new as long as you are replacing it with the same type of router and same voice components.

HTH

View solution in original post

hi,

try to get a 2951 voice bundle ISR G2.

see SKU on table 27 from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/ordering_guide_c07_557736.html#_Toc422864894

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, you can copy and paste the config from the old to the new as long as you are replacing it with the same type of router and same voice components.

HTH

to add what Reza have mentioned,if you thinking about upgrade as an replacement.You'd have to pay attention to your licensing and slot numbers as well.If its a newer G2s would have universal IOS to start with and slot number might be different depending on your choice of the router as well

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

are you replacing it with an ISR G2? i.e. 2901, 2911, etc.

do you have dial-peer commands?

Hi,

Yes, a 2951, and yes I do have dial-peer commands.

Thanks,

hi,

try to get a 2951 voice bundle ISR G2.

see SKU on table 27 from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/ordering_guide_c07_557736.html#_Toc422864894

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I finally got the chance to replace the router and the network works as expected.  However, I struggled on copying/applying the command below, any help on how to apply it is greatly appreciated.

rtr1(config)#map-class frame-relay VOIP
rtr1(config-map-class)#service-policy output QOS
%Invalid policy for frame-relay PVC :
'shape' is supported only in class-default.
Priority or fair_queue is not supported at the same level as shaping,
they should be configured via a child policy.
rtr1(config-map-class)#

Thanks,

Hi,

Unfortunately QOS, shaping, queuing, etc.. is not always the same across platforms and IOS releases.  You would need to look at the IOS version you are running for this platform and make changes as needed.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card