Views
Helpful
Replies

RIPv2 IP Address Allocation

joe97
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Good Night, I'm new here and new in networking, I'm trying to learn about it and i got some problem about IP Address Allocation, actually this is the last test after i repeat some course, can anyone help me check is this correct or not, or give some solution about my course, I'm sorry, this is probably a really weird question for an aspiring network engineer,

thank you in advance for your help

24 Replies 24

Screenshot (491).png
online subnet calculator is solution 

Hello, Thanks for the replied

i have, but when i try to implementation, it has some errors like inconsistent address and mask, overlaps and i have check it device by device and i found correct address sir

I Know that and reply below why your calculate is wrong, the IP must be unique (not appear in two or more subnet)
you use /23 and /27 that make IP conflict and you get inconsistent address  

so the point is, i have a problem with my subnet allocation sir.. right.?

be aware you calculation need to check, the /23 inlcude 172.16.0.1 to 172.16.1.254 which include IP 172.16.0.128 (subnet 128) 
so check each subnet one by one 

Screenshot (492).png

yes, thank you for the information sir, I'm afraid that the error i face is from the subnet mask, as you can see in my attachment there are multiple networks requesting the same requirement,

not only subnet mask the subnet is also wrong, 
SORRY I dont have time NOW may be other help you in subnet calculate.
the point here you can not using subnet and subnet mask without plan, you need to make plan start from
you have /16 major NETWORK 
sum all hosts you need for all other subnet assume it 2000 
divide the /16 into subnet that can give you 2000 host 
for example we select /20 and then divide one of subnet of /20 into small subnet.

Hello sir, no problem.. i appreciate your help and the expalantion.. i'll try to do some re-configuration and re-calculate like your advice.. thank you

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using RIP or RIPv2?  Very, very important difference, as RIP is Classful and you're using a Class B network, i.e. going by your topology diagram, I don't think it's possible using RIP and a single Class B network.

Hello Sir, sorry.. yes i use V2 RIP for this

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card