cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router not forwarding traffic

nathan.m.curry
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing an issue with one host on my network not being able to connect to a remote host across a T1.  The host times out everytime it tries to connect.  I have other hosts on the same network that can reach the remote host no problem.  I have verified there are no ACLs in place on the routers that handle the traffic.  I can see the packet being received on the router but it does not traverse it and get sent out across the T1.  The other hosts on the network have no problem, the packet comes in and the connection gets established.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a little bit of information on the server's configuration it is a Linux box that uses bonding mode 6 alb with two interfaces connected to two different 3650s.  I don't know if that will matter but I thought that it may help.

Thanks in advance,

Nate

1 Reply 1

Eugene Lau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nate,

Just wanted to get some clarity on how you confirmed the packet arrived at the router and also, what test did you use to generate this traffic?

eg. ICMP vs TCP connection tests using Debug w/ACL on the router

I'm thinking of two scenarios at the moment

1. Something unusual about the packet source from the server - a sniffer trace would be great if possible

2. TTL issue, where the traffic

Assumptions:

- checked for all types of Firewall features

- no NAT type scenarios etc

- No PBR's

Maybe upload a config file scrubbing any sensitive info to get started

Eugene.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco