cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing table doesn't have all routes I need

C3PO
Level 1
Level 1

I have network on picture and can't ping hosts each other. I've set RIP. Topology and output of "show ip route" are in attachment. I think that problem is in addresses I've set on serial links between routers, because when I change that IP addresses to some other with /24 mask, routing tables have more RIP routes and all ping commands work. But I don't understand why. I'm trying to have only 2 host addresses on point-to-point links and not to use unnubered option.

What is wrong?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Since you are using RIP version 1 the subnetted subnets will not be able to communicate, the point to point networks (/30) are not taken in account, so you must add these commands under the RIP process:

router rip

version 2

no auto-summary

RIP version 1 is no longer used, but if you have to use version 1 I recommend use other subnet /24 for the point to point between the routers and for the LAN (/28)

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Add the topology again please, it´s not possible to see it. And also, please attach the router config in txt files. It is impossible to analyse this in this format.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi

Since you are using RIP version 1 the subnetted subnets will not be able to communicate, the point to point networks (/30) are not taken in account, so you must add these commands under the RIP process:

router rip

version 2

no auto-summary

RIP version 1 is no longer used, but if you have to use version 1 I recommend use other subnet /24 for the point to point between the routers and for the LAN (/28)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Please keep us posted if it fixed the inconvenience.

Now it works! :)
Adding "version 2" on routers solved problem.

"no auto-summary" is also helpful. I'm going to read more about it.

@Julio E. Moisa, thank you very much!

Hi

It was a pleasure, have a great day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card