Helpful
Replies

RSPAN across 2 x Nexus 7009 Core switches

rickysahni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Switching

My DC Core Switches comprise of 2 x Nexus 7009 switches running with VPC configured between them. They run in Primary Secondary mode.

I have a SPAN destination port setup on Primary Core switch which is connected to an appliance that collects the date.  However i also need some source ports on Seconday Core switch to pass to the destination interface on Primary Core switch via an RSPAN.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/113438-rspan-nexus-7000-00.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Great thank you M

Will take a look

Can i just ask if i can add the new RSPAN Vlan across an already used VPC link between the 2 Nexus Core switches that has other multiple vlans going across it?

Or would i need to add another physical link between N1 and N2 that is just dedicated for the RSPAN Vlan?  As i see in the ciso doc they ask for one side of the link to be configured as an access port in Vlan 15.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card