Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Setup routing 3750/2960 and RV325 where there are two ISP connections

Hello Cisco community,

I have an odd and seemingly frustrating problem...

I have a set of switches/devices - Catalyst 3750 an 2960 plus a RV325

The RV325 is the gateway to the internet using the primary ISP

There is a second ISP which is there for internet traffic from one vlan

Currently the "second vlan" is physically separate because I cannot find a way to route that vlans traffic through the second ISP.

So I'm looking to route based upon source IP rather than destination IP - is this something that the switches or the RV325 can handle and how would I configure it?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Everyone's tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Setup routing 3750/2960 and RV325 where there are two ISP connections

To route based on source address rather than destination address is generally done using Policy Based Routing. This link suggests that PBR is supported on the RV325, but I am not sure how they got to the screen shown in the posting

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/router-rv325-how-to-configure-both-wan-interfaces-without-load/td-p/3882190

HTH

Rick

Beginner

Thanks for the prompt response again Richard,

No I've not seen that interface on the RV325 management GUI - I'll look again and report back...

EDIT: That Protocol Binding GUI is available when you edit the config of a WAN interface - The RV325 emulator doesn't allow you to "edit a WAN" (that UI page is not emulated at the moment)

Beginner

I can't find that UI anywhere on the RV325 management GUI - I'll leave a post on the discussion you referenced to see if that respondent can shed any light on the matter...

EDIT: This UI was not in the emulator but in a live RV325 it is found when you edit a WAN interface

I assume that there's nothing in the 3750 that can do this?

Hall of Fame Master

I have briefly looked through some documentation for RV325 and do not find any statements about PBR support. It will be interesting if the poster in that discussion does have anything to say.

I was focusing on the RV325 based on assumptions I was making about the topology of your network. Now that you ask about it I have found a reference indicating that the 3750 does support PBR (for certain feature sets and assuming that the sdm preference is set for routing. See this link for details

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/pbr-cisco-3750-vlan-does-not-accept-ip-policy-route-map/td-p/2051369

Perhaps you can provide a bit more information about the topology of the network and we can explore whether PBR on your 3750 would be useful for you.

HTH

Rick

Beginner

Hi Richard,

Attached is a basic diagram of what I'm hoping to achieve.

The 3750 is the main switch - it operates DHCP, routing etc.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Marc

Hall of Fame Master

Marc

Thank you for the additional information. I had assumed that the RV325 would have the 2 links to ISPs and therefore would be where PBR would be appropriate. But looking at your drawing I see that vlans 4 and 5 go through the RV325 to get to the Internet but that vlan 3 connects to 3750 which uses vlan 2 as the path to the other ISP. Therefore PBR would be appropriate on the 3750 rather than the RV325.

One question occurs to me looking at the drawing. I assume that the RV325 will do address translation for the traffic going to its ISP. But what will do address translation for vlan 3 as it goes to its ISP?

HTH

Rick

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards