Views
Helpful
Replies

SG100D-08P is not working with IP-CAM

melpskov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have one problem with SG100D-08P. I connected one PC & one IP-CAM via this switch (I tried with PoE and without it, and different ports). ACT LED on CAM port periodically goes down for 2 seconds. IP-Cam Main and sub-stream works with huge freezes, settings are unavailable (web-browser management). I get message from IP-cam web page "For the limitations of bandwith or other errors, IE can't start to preview all the channels" only when I use SG100D-08P.

So, if I connect PC and IP-CAM directly (or via another switch) all works fine (with same cat 5E patch-cord, browsers etc). 

I have no idea to solve this problem, cause SG100D is unmanaged swith.

Can anyone help me?

2 Replies 2

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

The Data Sheet for this switch lists the PoE as 33.6 for the whole switch but doesn't list what each Port provides, I would assume a max of 15.4w per port but it depends on how much power the Camera is trying to draw:

SG100D-08P: 4 PoE ports with 33.6W dedicated power budget

What model of Camera is it?
Is it PTZ? They tend to draw more power.

Can you power the camera externally via a Power Adapter and plug into the switch to see if it makes any difference?

The fact the port down intermittently makes me wonder if the switch is struggling to provide enough power or trying to negotiate and getting itself into a muddle. 

Edit - Just found this post which mentions PoE issues on the same switch with an IP camera:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12439911/passive-poe-devices-not-working-cisco-sg100d-08p

Thank's for reply!

Camera is ST-177IP (Manzhouli Smart Technology, China), no PTZ. It's simple entry-level 2Mp IP camera (http://st-tm.ru/catalog/snyato-s-proizvodstva/21).

Camera was on external power supply - without PoE. Also i tried port1, port 2, port5 port 8.

(I tried with PoE and without it, and different ports).

Tech support wrote that camera has no option to set up port speed and duplex. 

I think it is a compatibility bug, and I'm need to replace switch. :(

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card