Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Inventory on virtual stackwise c9407r missing information

Thomas817
Level 1
Level 1

Question, 

We have recently installed multiple C9407R units in stack-wise virtual that are in production, both unit 1 and unit 2 are in the stack and passing traffic normally. When running a 'show inventory' it does not list all the installed transceivers (SFPs) from unit 2 (standby hot). All transceivers are cisco hardware. It lists all inventory and transceivers (optics/SFP's) for unit 1 and only lists the unit 2 chassis, linecards, fan tray, and power supply module just nothing for the unit 2 optic SFPs. 

I checked a pair of C9500-40x units we have in stack-wise and it lists all inventory like normal. Is this something with the 9400 units? Current version is the IOS XE 17.06.05. 

##not the full inventory but example

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/5/0/1", DESCR: "GE LX"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxxx

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/5/0/2", DESCR: "GE SX"
PID: GLC-SX-MMD , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/5/0/3", DESCR: "GE LX"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "GigabitEthernet1/5/0/4", DESCR: "GE LX"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

[shortened for brevity]

NAME: "Switch 2 Chassis", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 7 Slot Chassis"
PID: C9407R , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "Switch 2 Slot 1 Linecard", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 24-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet (SFP+)"
PID: C9400-LC-24XS , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "Switch 2 Slot 5 Linecard", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 24-Port 1 Gigabit Ethernet (SFP)"
PID: C9400-LC-24S , VID: V03 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "Switch 2 Slot 3 Supervisor", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Supervisor 1 XL Module"
PID: C9400-SUP-1XL , VID: V03 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "Switch 2 Power Supply Module 1", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 3200W AC Power Supply"
PID: C9400-PWR-3200AC , VID: V03 , SN: xxxxxx

NAME: "Switch 2 Power Supply Module 2", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 3200W AC Power Supply"

NAME: "Switch 2 Power Supply Module 3", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 3200W AC Power Supply"

NAME: "Switch 2 Fan Tray", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series 7 Slot Chassis Fan Tray"
PID: C9407-FAN , VID: V01 , SN: xxxxxx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It could be a bug.  

There is another command:  sh idprom interface <PORT>

Personally, if this is the only bug discovered, I would not take the unnecessary risk of upgrading the firmware because the bug in other versions will be a lot worse than this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
sh inventory raw

Thanks for the reply, tried that as well with no difference. Still did not include the full inventory of the standby unit 2 SFPs

It could be a bug.  

There is another command:  sh idprom interface <PORT>

Personally, if this is the only bug discovered, I would not take the unnecessary risk of upgrading the firmware because the bug in other versions will be a lot worse than this.

True, I was thinking bug as well but wanted to reach out to the community. I haven’t tried that command and will tomorrow and update the thread. Thanks again for the thoughts and input!

the idprom interface command does show the details of the SFP/Transceiver, thank you. Just its one interface at a time and not in a list like show inventory usually or supposed to do. but maybe its a bug and itll change on a newer code version later down the line

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card