cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart License - Out of Compliance

JHarpole
Level 1
Level 1

So I am currently deploying two (2) stacks of 9200L switches. I also got the DNA-Essentials with all switches.

I have them stacked and up and running great, but when looking at my license information it shows that I am out of compliance.

Smart Licensing Status
======================

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Smart Account: ***************************
Virtual Account: DEFAULT
Export-Controlled Functionality: ALLOWED
Initial Registration: SUCCEEDED on Feb 04 14:20:18 2020 DST
Last Renewal Attempt: None
Next Renewal Attempt: Aug 02 14:20:18 2020 DST
Registration Expires: Feb 03 14:15:10 2021 DST

License Authorization:

Last Communication Attempt: SUCCEEDED on Feb 05 02:20:30 2020 DST
Next Communication Attempt: Feb 05 14:20:30 2020 DST
Communication Deadline: May 05 02:15:29 2020 DST

License Usage
==============

C9200L Network Essentials, 48-port license (C9200L-NW-E-48):
Description: C9200L Network Essentials, 48-port license
Count: 2
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED

C9200L DNA Essentials, 48-port Term license (C9200L-DNA-E-48):
Description: C9200L DNA Essentials, 48-port Term license
Count: 2
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED

I have a open case with TAC and have provided all the available information but have not gotten anything back yet. 

This is not that anything is "not working" as everything is currently working great, but the question of after May 05, the "communication deadline" what will stop working. 

Thank you,

J-

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So after working with TAC and then with their smart licensing team. It looks like the Network-Essentials licenses were just not added to my account. I started with 0 and then the next day had 2 and today have 4, so I am sure the rest will pop in now. Thank you for your time and reply

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

the switch shows a communication deadline, this is a exactly what it is: a communication deadline
so after the deadline the switch remains operational,
when communication is successful after Next Communication Attempt: Feb 05 14:20:30 2020 DST
this communication deadline will shift forward.

first login with the used smart-account into software.cisco.com -> smart licensing
see if the licenses are available there, if not then Cisco did not assign the purchased licenses to your account (yet)
and so the 9200L cannot claim them
if you are using a smart-satellite check if synchronization was successful and the license info is copied from Cisco to the satellite

So after working with TAC and then with their smart licensing team. It looks like the Network-Essentials licenses were just not added to my account. I started with 0 and then the next day had 2 and today have 4, so I am sure the rest will pop in now. Thank you for your time and reply

Good to hear your making progress!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card