cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack is reporting two power supplies bad, but all LEDs green.

CClement
Level 1
Level 1

We have a switch stack that is showing two of its three power supplies as bad, and reporting no input power.  However from the hardware perspective, all of the LEDs on the device itself are green.  I have been unable to find any documentation online regarding this, and I cannot find any bugs related to this issue.  Would somebody be able to point us in the right direction here?  For reference, the switch is a 3850-48-P-L running on IOS-XE 3.6.6E

Below is the output from 'show env power all':

SW PID Serial# Status Sys Pwr PoE Pwr Watts
-- ------------------ ---------- --------------- ------- ------- -----
1A Unknown Unknown No Input Power Bad Bad 235
1B PWR-C1-715WAC LIT20433FNV OK Good Good 715
2A Unknown Unknown No Input Power Bad Bad 235
2B Not Present

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The stack is running 3.6.3.  I am going to say this is a known bug.

My apologies that was a typo on my part.  It's actually on 3.6.6E, I've updated the post accordingly.

CSCuv18572
NOTE:  
Do not believe in the "Known Fixed Releases".  

Looking at the logs again now, it doesn't look like this bug addresses the issue we're seeing, as we are not seeing that particular log message.  Below are the only log messages we are seeing from this stack:

%ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Gi1/0/14: PD removed
%ILPOWER-5-ILPOWER_POWER_DENY: Interface Gi1/0/13: inline power denied. Reason: insufficient power

These seems to point me to CSCvq65075.  In your experience is it possible that this bug could be affecting the 3850?  Do you believe these log messages and this power supply issue are related?

@CClement wrote:

These seems to point me to CSCvq65075.  In your experience is it possible that this bug could be affecting the 3850?  Do you believe these log messages and this power supply issue are related?

No, that is not it.  This Bug ID points to a PoE issue.  
What you're having is the switch not able to detect the PS.  Two different issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card