cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stackwise Virtual Catalyt 9K (SSO/NSF)

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

I want to confirm how to enable the NSF in the Catalyst 9606 for OSFP/BGP/MPLS. 

CISCO official guide is only showing the SSO configration:

Device# show redundancy states

my state = 13 -ACTIVE 
     peer state = 8  -STANDBY HOT 
           Mode = Duplex
           Unit = Primary
        Unit ID = 5

Redundancy Mode (Operational) = sso
Redundancy Mode (Configured)  = sso
Redundancy State              = sso
     Maintenance Mode = Disabled
    Manual Swact = enabled
 Communications = Up

client count = 115
 client_notification_TMR = 30000 milliseconds
           RF debug mask = 0x0

Device#

i want to enable NSF for OSFP/BGP/MPLS VPN if permary SUP Engine Fails.

I my case SSO is already enable. i am facing 15 packet drops after the failover is occure and standby promoted to active.

Share the configuration guide for fine tunning the Redundany timers  

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is the config guide for NSF for OSPF. For NSF to work correctly, the neighboring device must be NSF aware if not, NSF will not work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9600/software/release/16-11/configuration_guide/ha/b_1611_ha_9600_cg/configuring_nsf_with_sso.html#topic_gbr_kmy_31b

HTH

thanks reza sharifi for your reply 

IF i understand you correctly, according to my setup 2 Core connection with 2 Seperate   Distribution Clusters (2+2) 

CORE A + B (stackwise Virtul)

Distribution Cluter1:  A,B (Stackwise virtual)                                                          stribution Cluster 2: C, D (Stackwise virtual)

I have to enable NSF  on  Active Switches on: 

CORE (Switch A)

Distribution Cluster 1 (A)

Distribution Cluster 2 (C)

Please correct me i understand u well. thanks 

I have to enable NSF  on  Active Switches on:

That is correct. You want to enable it on all 3  Stackwise virtual domains, which are NFS aware. 

That should reduce the fail-over time between each stack. 

HTH

Thanks Reza sharifi for Confirmation.

So this implementation will also reduce the time for  overall MPLS VPN (MBGP) recovergence time between 3 stackwise virtual domains are because the reachiblitity is through MPLS VPNS?

CORE-PE

Distribution: CE

Thanks in advance. 

So this implementation will also reduce the time for  overall MPLS VPN (MBGP) recovergence time between 3 stackwise virtual domains are because the reachiblitity is through MPLS VPNS?

You would have to test it. There maybe an option to add NSF to BGP as well but I just don't remember it.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card