Replies

Static NAT, problem with access public IP from LAN

goit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got a problem with static nat. I made static translation like this:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.100 80.80.80.81

and I can't get access to 80.80.80.81 from local network. When I want connect via hostname (like blablabla.com) it's ok, but public IP doesn't response. It's critical for me. I can use DNS records, but it will be half functionally. I search some resolve, but I've no idea how to fix this bug/problem.

Help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vijay.ahire
Level 1
Level 1

you have to configure your DNS server Internal section and External section to resolve query from internal ips and from external IP.

like if your lan user trying to access (yourowndomain.com) then DNS server will server them from internal zone section.

And if anybody from internet will query for your domain, your DNS server will provide with external Public ip address.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vijay.ahire
Level 1
Level 1

you have to configure your DNS server Internal section and External section to resolve query from internal ips and from external IP.

like if your lan user trying to access (yourowndomain.com) then DNS server will server them from internal zone section.

And if anybody from internet will query for your domain, your DNS server will provide with external Public ip address.

Yes, I know that DNS will resolve this problem, but I dont want to use DNS server. I need another method

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card