Helpful
Replies

Status UP, Protocol UP, but MAC Address not found

wanderer_id
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! I need help. 

Switch: WS-C2960X-48LPS-L, IOS: Version 15.2(4r)E3

Activated on the port:switchport block unicast/multicast, switchport port-security, storm-control broadcast/unicast/multicast, spanning-tree portfast edge, spanning-tree bpduguard enable and dhcp snooping limit rate.

PC is connected to  this the port, on the switch port status is ip and protocol is up, but MAC Address not found in mac address table (show mac add). What could be the problem? Thank you in advance for your help.

Faced one more problem on one of switches. The conditions are the same, only the MAC address of the PC appeared on the root (distribution) switch in the ARP table, but did not appear in the MAC addresses table.

I waited until the end of the CAM's life, but the address did not appear.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Last input 20w6d, output 00:00:01, output hang never

The downstream client hasn't been "talking" for the last 21 weeks.  

The problem lies at the downstream client.  

Try rebooting it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the command "sh interface <PORT> controll".

Thank you for your attention to the problem. I attached a file with the output of the command sh int g1/0/15 cont. 

Last input 20w6d, output 00:00:01, output hang never

The downstream client hasn't been "talking" for the last 21 weeks.  

The problem lies at the downstream client.  

Try rebooting it.

The problem on this switch has been resolved.
However, just now, another one has happened. All functions specified in the first post were activated on the port. When changing the PC to a new one on the access switch, the MAC does not appear on the port, but appears on the kernel switch. As a result, the new connected PC did not have access to the network, after disabling the functions DAI, DHCP Snooping and IP Source Guard, the MAC address appeared and everything started to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card