cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck in Netlabs On Lab 7.3.7 With "show interface f0/1" Command

Sithtiger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone, I'm new here, but I need some help. I'm stuck on Lab 7.3.7 View the Switch MAC Address Table. As I mentioned in the title, I did this in Netlabs online. You're supposed to configure two switches and two PCs and name the switches as well as put a password on console and vty & configure a password for privileged EXEC too. I configured the PCs first & configured passwords on everything. Then it said to go back to each switch and enter the "show interface f0/1" command, which I did. It said "Invalid Input detected at the "f" in "show interface f0/1". 

I forgot to configure the switch's IP address & subnet masks, so I go back and do that. Then I enter "show interface f0/1" again, this time it's giving me the same error but on the 0 instead of the f this time. I took a screenshot. Could it have screwed up everything because I forgot to put configure the IP address & subnet masks on the switches until later? I know I configured the IP address on both PC-A and S1, because I tried a ping test. Lab 7.3.7_Switch_Mac_Address_Table.png
Please let me know what I'm missing guys, thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

those "testing" environments can be tricky.   Can you do show run to see what interfaces you have listed there and then try using full name of interface; unlike real IOS, this "test" will not let you use any shortcuts or abbreviation,.  if still not working, contact NDG or whoever created this exercise.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hello,

I just checked one of the other Netlabs labs, the syntax looks like this:

show interface f0/1

Hello

show ip interface brief - this will show you the correct interfaces then you can perform a

show run interface x/x

show interface x/x

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card