cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck in Netlabs On Lab 7.3.7 With "show interface f0/1" Command

Sithtiger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone, I'm new here, but I need some help. I'm stuck on Lab 7.3.7 View the Switch MAC Address Table. As I mentioned in the title, I did this in Netlabs online. You're supposed to configure two switches and two PCs and name the switches as well as put a password on console and vty & configure a password for privileged EXEC too. I configured the PCs first & configured passwords on everything. Then it said to go back to each switch and enter the "show interface f0/1" command, which I did. It said "Invalid Input detected at the "f" in "show interface f0/1". 

I forgot to configure the switch's IP address & subnet masks, so I go back and do that. Then I enter "show interface f0/1" again, this time it's giving me the same error but on the 0 instead of the f this time. I took a screenshot. Could it have screwed up everything because I forgot to put configure the IP address & subnet masks on the switches until later? I know I configured the IP address on both PC-A and S1, because I tried a ping test. Lab 7.3.7_Switch_Mac_Address_Table.png
Please let me know what I'm missing guys, thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

those "testing" environments can be tricky.   Can you do show run to see what interfaces you have listed there and then try using full name of interface; unlike real IOS, this "test" will not let you use any shortcuts or abbreviation,.  if still not working, contact NDG or whoever created this exercise.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hello,

I just checked one of the other Netlabs labs, the syntax looks like this:

show interface f0/1

Hello

show ip interface brief - this will show you the correct interfaces then you can perform a

show run interface x/x

show interface x/x

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: